Tilley TP100 Polaris Hat
Taking years of learnings from their Airflo® Collection, Tilley's TP100 Polaris adds new features like a stowaway sun shield (cape) to protect your neck and shoulders, and sunglasses holder to keep them safe on rocky waters. Offering you the ultimate hat for any water expedition.
- Maximum sun protection - fabric is certified UPF 50+, the highest given
- Schoeller® fabric with eco-friendly 3XDRY® Bio durable water repellent finish
- Stowaway sun shield to protect your neck and shoulders - it rolls up in the brim when not in use!
- Rear Velcro® tab to hold sunglasses when not in use
- Loop at back under brim to easily attach with a carabiner to your belt loop or bag
- Reflective wind cord and Tilley embossed logo tab will be seen in low light situations
- Tilley deboss moisture wicking, cooling elastic sweatband that will keep you dry and comfortable
- Guaranteed for life
- Water-repellent finish keeps off the rain
- Front & back wind cords system secures hat in gusty conditions
- Keep valuables safe in the secret pocket
- Buoyancy to stay afloat in water
Brim size: Front: 2 5/8"; Back: 2 3/4"; Sides: 2 1/8"
Weight: 4.0 oz / 113 g
Manufacturing: Designed in Canada. Imported
Fabric: 100% polyester with 3XDRY® Bio durable water repellent finish
Tilley Lifetime Guarantee
What is the Tilley hat guarantee?
If your Lifetime Guarantee Tilley hat wears out due to:
- normal wear & tear
- poor workmanship
- faulty material
Tilley will repair or replace your hat.
Tilley Endurables customer service department reserves the right to determine what constitutes normal wear & tear, poor workmanship, faulty material, misuse and/or improper care.
How do I know if my hat is a Lifetime Guarantee hat?
If you are unsure if your hat is guaranteed for life, check the inside woven label in the crown of your hat. It will say on the label if it’s guaranteed or not.
How do I register my Tilley hat?
All Tilley hats with a lifetime guarantee warranty must be registered within 90 days of purchase for the guarantee to be activated. Your hat comes with a label which will tell you how to register, if not you can visit Tilley's website.
My Tilley hat is worn out, what do I do now?
First, assess your hat. If the reason for your return is due to normal wear and tear, faulty material or poor workmanship, you can fill out a Hat Guarantee Claim Form on Tilley's website.
If your hat shows damage from improper care or abuse (mold or mildew included), it will not be repaired or replaced. Colour fading, stains, grommet patina, frayed wind cords are all signs of a well-worn and well-loved hat and do not signal a defective hat. If you think your hat has experienced shrinkage, you can stretch it back by placing it over your knee and giving a good pull.
Care: hand wash cold, use mild detergent. Reshape and air dry. Do not bleach. Remove wind cord and foam from crown pocket before wash. Do not use softeners. Do not iron.