Colour coded sections, for user-friendly accessibility, cover:
- World climate and route planning (including world wind systems, ocean currents, tropical revolving storms)
- Navigation (charts, great circle vs Mercator routes, time zones, satellite navigation systems, advice on on-passage navigation routines)
- Astro navigation (basic theory refresher, practical astro navigation, unique step-by-step instructions for Astro sight reduction plus using and adjusting the sextant)
- Passage making (route planning, preparing the yacht, power needs, supplies of water, food, gas and diesel, watch-keeping routines, crew care)
- Communications (features and advantages of VHF, MF, SSB and satellite phones, weather fax, email and access to the internet)
- Risks and emergencies (preparing for them, equipment checklist, grab bags, emergency scenario procedures)
Internationally relevant and with colour diagrams throughout, this handy pocket-sized handbook is an ideal revision aid on shore and the perfect quick reference guide on the boat.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.