Beerenberg Roll Neck Pullover
High in the Arctic lies the remote Island of Jan Mayen. It is home to Beerenberg, the worlds most Northerly volcano. Outside the freezing wind can howl at 150 knots. But inside it is toasty warm. This Oiled Wool Pullover has been named after the Mighty Beerenberg because it too will keep you warm while the storms rage outside.
It has the following unique features:
- It is oiled wool. Oiled wool is a yarn that hasnt been highly processed or dyed and still contains the natural lanolin oils from the fleece, this gives the pullover the fresh wool smell.
- The pullover is British Made from British Wool to reduce the carbon footprint.
- No bleach or dye has been used - it is completely natural, fully biodegradable and will not the shed the harmful plastic micro fibres associated with artificial fleece.
- This Beerenberg Roll Neck is a very substantial garment which will keep you warm during the winter yet, because it is so breathable, it can also be worn during a cool summers evening when the sun has gone down.
- It features reinforced thumb holes so the sleeves can be pulled over your hands on cold watches.
- It will naturally shed off a short shower or spray and still maintains its warmth even if it does get wet.
- The pure British Wool used to make this pullover is specially spun for us to our exacting specification.
- It is naturally fire resistant. Wool is self-extinguishing unlike many synthetics. That is why it is the chosen material for occupations such as oil rig workers and firefighters.
- The underside of the shoulders are heavily reinforced with canvas for extra strength and durability.
- This unprocessed wool, doesnt hold sweat like man-made fibres so it naturally rarely needs laundering as it will stay fresher longer.
- Off watch it makes a cosy pillow.
- Each pullover is individually registered with its very own serial numberThis is a genuine Arthur Beale pullover which has been made with great care to last a very long time.
To help you enjoy your pullover for as many years as possible we now supply each Beerenberg with a free card containing 5 m of wool so minor mishaps can be repaired or worn elbows can be darned.
Arthur Beale have a totally unique history. We have stood in the same central London spot for at least four hundred years. In those days we were surrounded with fields of flax from which we made ropes and twines. Our Alpine Club Rope became world famous and was used on the early Everest attempts by Eric Shipton H.W.Bill Tilman and Tenzing Norgay.
We also supplied Polar Explorers such as Sir Ernest Shackleton and Gino Watkins.
Today we still supply Arctic Explorers with sailing equipment and clothing. Wools unique insulating properties make it the preferred choice of many Polar expeditions.
By buying from Arthur Beale you are helping an historic and rare independent company to continue to survive with a real shop in the centre of London.
You wont meet many people wearing the same pullover so why not say hello when you do. You may be navigating through Havengore Creek, anchored in a remote fjord in Svalbard or walking in the Brecon Beacons.
Youll have something in common, we are sure of that.
As each pullover is individually numbered we would love to see some pictures of your adventures.
Please feel free to send us a photo with your pullovers serial number and each year we will send a gift to the best one.
See also our matching hats!